Building failing for Windows Phone XAML + Direct3D project

Apr 13, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Edited Apr 13, 2013 at 5:27 PM
I'm using the instructions over the Nokia developer wiki (http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/DirectX_on_Windows_Phone:_2D_Game_Example_using_DirectX_Toolkit) trying to setup DirectXTK with the default XAML + Direct3D app. However, compiling is failing because it cannot find the SpriteBatch.h reference
Error   1   error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'SpriteBatch.h': No such file or directory (CubeRenderer.cpp)    c:\users\tamas\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\ald3d\ald3d\ald3dcomp\CubeRenderer.h   9   1   ALD3DComp
I added it to the additional include directories in ALD3DComp's Properties:
 DirectXTK\Inc;$(ProjectDir);%(AdditionalIncludeDirectories) 
I added DirectXTK to ALD3DComp's Reference and Build Order as well. Is there something else I'm missing?
Coordinator
Apr 13, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Since you don't specify a root for the path DirectXTK\Inc, the compiler will look for that starting in the current directory (where your project file is located). Is that the location where you installed the DirectXTK files? I'm guessing not, in whuch case you need to change this path to wherever you did install them. Perhaps DirectXTK is in your $(SolutionDir) folder, or maybe one further back up from that?
Apr 13, 2013 at 9:45 PM
You're right. I had to use $(SolutionDir) instead because DirectXTK was nested one level down. Thank you.
Coordinator
Apr 14, 2013 at 7:01 AM
I'll add $(SolutionDir) as recommended in the docs.