Windows Store 8.1 App Intellisense complaining about DirectXTK.winmd file not found

Jan 5, 2015 at 5:17 PM
I have the DirectXTK for Windows Store Apps 8.1 project included and referenced (as per the documentation). Everything builds and runs correctly, but I get this annoying intellisense error about not being able to find the DirectXTK.winmd file. This file of course does not exist, because DirectXTK is a static library. Is there a way to get rid of the intellisense error. The same error appears on the DirectXTK sample located here ... https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/DirectXTK-Simple-Sample-a0b6de36/view/Discussions#content

Again it builds and runs fine. It just has this annoying intellisense error.
Coordinator
Jan 5, 2015 at 8:41 PM
Edited Jan 5, 2015 at 8:43 PM
You using Project-to-project references, and not NuGet, correct?

Which release of DirectXTK are you using?

What version (edition and update) of VS 2013 are you using?

Can you describe what you mean by "Intellisense complaining"? In other words, how do you trigger an error message and where do you see it?
Jan 6, 2015 at 1:10 PM
Yes, I am using project to project reference with Reference Assembly output set to False. I am using the DirectXTK_Windows81.sln.

I version I downloaded was the latest as of November 28, 2014.

Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate Edition.

This is the exact error message ...

Intellisense is reporting it wherever #include "pch.h" is i.e. the top of my .cpp files.

IntelliSense: command-line error: cannot open metadata file "F:\Visual Studio 13 Projects\MYPROJECT\3rdParty\DirectXTK\Bin\Windows81\Win32\Release\DirectXTK.winmd"

I hope this info helps.

Best Regards,

Justin
Jan 6, 2015 at 1:26 PM
A red intellisense error marker actually appears at the top of every .cpp. I was incorrect it was only where .pch file was included. They just happen to be at the very top.

Again everything builds ... It's just a slight annoyance.