Unresolved External Symbol

Aug 17, 2015 at 4:14 PM
I'm using the current stable download and compiling the toolkit myself; Desktop 2013. I'm getting this error during linking:

1>Font.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall DirectX::SpriteBatch::End(void)" (?End@SpriteBatch@DirectX@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall FontType::PrintMessage(int,int,class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> >,union __m128)" (?PrintMessage@FontType@@QAEXHHV?$basic_string@_WU?$char_traits@_W@std@@V?$allocator@_W@2@@std@@T__m128@@@Z) 1>C:\Users\Administrator.S322-INST\Desktop\FontExample\Debug\FontExample.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

I can successfully build using a 'nuget' installed version, but I'd rather not do that for each project.

Any thoughts to what might be causing it? I saw in other threads it was to do with wide character support, but I checked the settings for both the toolkit and my project and they both are set up correctly.
Aug 17, 2015 at 4:34 PM
Bizarrely.... The .h files were out of date in my project. Copying the new headers over worked.
Marked as answer by sloankelly on 8/17/2015 at 9:30 AM